Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Roll Up Roll up - Fondle the new and tear apart the old

Yes it is that time again. Where the wear editors and stylists hit the streets and pound the pavements from one press day to the next. Last week was peanuts compared to the Tuesday - Thursday grouping this week.

Luckily, I might be given a respite as I am due to be shooting. Anyway some of my PR spin favourites right now ( Please do add your own ):

"Its an Instant Classic"
"Can't you see it's clear modern lines" - when discribing a loud ruffled number.
"It is such a modern colour"
"It is Blade Runner meets Coco Chanel"
"No one has ever done anything like this" (ya right) - a customized t-shirt

Please note that if you can work the word modern into your description you get bonus points (Yawn).

Now, I know how hard it is to spin good PR on a product that isn't forward (or that you quietly don't believe in). I couldn't do it, I am very lucky to stand on side of the fence that I do as I couldn't sell a basket of cute kittens.

Anyway - off to a further 12 apts today - joy! No honestly I actually enjoy the press days but to say they aren't exhausting would be a little white lie.

1 comment:

Make Do Style said...

Bless - they do try - oh how I miss it all. There is nothing quite like press days to give you a few giggles.

You get to get the joy of this whilst I'm consigned to 2 days a week personal styling or a shoot once a month if I'm lucky! Oh the joys of parenthood and a fond longing for days of utter freedom and 'x has deconstructed the classic blah to give us this fresh take on...' etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails